12-day Enchanting Winter in Yunnan
- Tour Code: IFH-Y-02
- Tour days: 12 Days
- Day by Day
- Price Details
- Tour Map
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 Arrival Kunming
Transfer via: TBA – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer (Kunming)
On arrival at Kunming Changshui International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Kunming/Jianshui
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Stone Forest, Jianshui Temple of Confucius
Morning meet the guide and drive to explore the Stone Forest. It is the highest Karst terrain in the world and a national scenic area in China. Some 100km south of Kunming, the Stone Forest is an extremely rare geological phenomenon formed 270 million years ago. Nowadays it’s a magic World Heritage site listed by UNESCO and praised as “the First Wonder under the Heaven”. And then proceed about 3.5 hours driving to Jianshui Old Town. Guide tour to visit Jianshui Temple of Confucius. Built in the Yuan Dynasty in 1285, Jianshui Temple of Confucius is the biggest & best-preserved Confucius relic in China after the temple in Qufu, Shandong province. Now it is one of the key historic sites under the nation’s protection plan.
Day 3 Jianshui/Yuanyang
Transfer via: private vehicle
Activities for today: Zhu's Family Garden, Double Dragon Bridge
Today, our sightseeing trip starts from Zhu Family Garden, a grand complex featuring in fancy combination of garden architecture and dwelling houses. Then pay a visit to the ancient 17-hole Double Dragon Bridge – named because it is located over the confluence of two dragon-like winding rivers.
After lunch, drive about 3 hours to Yuanyang New Town. The trip will be pleasant as the beautiful scenery of Red River Valley will charm your eyes and the moisture in the air makes you fresh from head to toes. While another 36 km mountain road from the New Town to the Old Town of Yuanyang is squiggly and steep somewhat, and it takes about 1.5 hours. Eventually we get at today’s destination - a terraced mountain town wrapped by fog all the year round. Located in the subtropical mountainous area in southwest of Yunnan, here is a traditional community of Hani people. Yuanyang has been known to the outside world for its unparalleled rice terraces, which was designated as the world heritage site by UNESCO in 2013.
Day 4 Yuanyang
Activities for today: Duoyishu Village, Shengcun Village, Bada Mountain, Qingkou Folk Village, Tiger Mouth Pass
If meet a clear good weather, we will invite you get up very early in the morning, then the 36KM (1.5hrs) narrow but scenic mountain road leads you into the marvelous terraces area. Get to Duoyishu Village at dawn, from there enjoy a stunning view of sunrise over the misty mountains and terraces in the distance. Exactly, it is one of the most beautiful sights in wild China. Thereafter, you will cross a bustling morning market of local ethnic minority at Shengcun Village and then appreciate the breathtaking steep terraces at Bada Mountain. Next, with beautiful mountain scenery alongside, you’ll hike along a narrow gravel road to Qingkou Hani Ethnic Village. Further to the elegant lesser terraces around the village, in this serene place, you’re enchanted by those real primitive earthen houses and the unique custom of local aboriginal inhabitants. Walking along the twisting lanes, narrow wooden bridges and field paths surrounding the villages, the pure natural scenery of countryside will bring you returning to the garden of Xanadu at that moment, and then, give you an unforgettable experience.
Afternoon, go on driving 24KM/1hour along the mountain slope to Tiger Mouth Pass - a very good position from where you can overlook an extensive view of terraces. From the gazebo there, you could see its seemingly endless terraces weave across the mountains and valleys. Facing the awesome view, you will marvel at this preternatural wonder which was created by these mountain peoples and their ancestors. Under the rays of sunset, everything turns to gold, while the panorama of the terraces below is unsurpassable. After a whole day's exciting trip, return to the hotel for dinner then enjoy a good rest night.
Day 5 Yuanyang/Kunming
Activities for today: Transfer back to Kunming.
After days of visit to various natural beauties and key points of interest, today is a relaxing journey. Enjoy a breezy good time for breakfast in the hotel, then drive along expressway (449Km/approx. 5hrs) back to Kunming. On the way, the charming landscape alongside, such as waving mountains, crystal lakes, lush green rice paddies and peaceful villages of the fertile part of Yunnan, will give you much to see.
Free in the evening for getting refreshed after the long journey. You can also walk out of your hotel and have fun on the bar streets in Kundu nightlife area while soaking in the romantic atmosphere of this beautiful spring city.
Day 6 Kunming/Dali
Transfer via: TBA –our arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel and airport transfer (Kunming, Dali), Cruise on Lake Erhai, Dali Ancient City
After breakfast at the hotel, meet the guide and drive to the airport for the morning flight to Dali. Upon arrival, you will be met by the local English speaking guide and transferred to the hotel in the Dali Old Town for check in. After lunch, take a cruise on the crystal clear Lake Erhai, and finally explore Dali Ancient City with its lyrical “Foreigner Street”. At night, have fun on the Foreigner Street on your own leisure.
Day 7 Dali/Lijiang
Transfer via: private car
Activities for today: Xizhou Town, Three-Course Tea
We'll start the day with an opportunity to Xizhou Town to explore Bai people’s historic architecture. In their traditional courtyard-style residence, taste also “Three courses of Tea” while enjoying folk dance performance. Then we will go on traveling northwards to Lijiang, the ancient capital of the Naxi kingdom at 2,380 meters above sea level on the Northwestern Yunnan Plateau in China's southwest. The rest of the day is for your independent exploration of Lijiang.
Day 8 Lijiang
Activities for today: Lijiang Old Town, Mu's Mansion, Black Dragon Pool, Dongba Cultural Research Institute
This morning, explore the world famous Old Town of Lijiang. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the town enjoys a long history of over 800 years and is probably the best-preserved old town in China with a deep background of multi-culture. Walking tour focusing on the unique architecture art & scientific layout of the town. The visit also includes Mu Mansion - the palace of Naxi’s King and is an architectural splendor of Naxi people that locals tout as bearing a close resemblance to Beijing's Forbidden City albeit on a smaller scale. Afternoon visit Lijiang’s most impressive landmark - Black Dragon Pool. Additionally, inside this picturesque park, you will have an opportunity to learn about the Dongba religion & its distinctive pictographic characters at Dongba Cultural Research Institute.
Day 9 Lijiang
Activities for today: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Baisah Town, Shuhe Old Town
Today, have a guided tour to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, we will take the cable car to the top of the mountain. The Snow Mountain is actually a sacred mountain among local minority – Naxi People and also Lijiang various ethnics’ eyes. The snow on the mountain is a large area of excellent natural ski slopes. Visit Baisha Town and Shuhe Old Town before driving back to Lijiang.
Day 10 Lijiang/Shangri-la
Activities for today: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Today, we will drive to Shangri-La. On the way, explore the world’s deepest gorge - Tiger Leaping Gorge, and admire the fascinating meadow scenery around lesser Zhongdian Tibetan area.
Day 11 Shangri-la
Activities for today: Gedan Songzanlin Monastery, Gyalthang Ancient Town, Napa Lake, Shangri-la Old Town
Greeted by the rays of sunrise, we’re on the way to Songzanglin Monastery - the largest Tibetan lamasery of Yunnan built in 1679. Thereafter, we head for Gyalthang Ancient Town - a window showcasing the real life situation of local Tibetan’s. As an interesting contrast to Potala Palace & Barkhor Bazaar in Lhasa, at Shangri-la city, you can witness the authentic Tibetan culture in this remote area bordering the eastern part of Tibet Plateau. Afternoon, guide tour to visit the Napa Lake and explore Shangri-la Old Town.
Day 12 Shangri-la/Departure
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement (domestic)
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer (Shangri-la)
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your departure flight. Say goodbye to Shangri-la and fly to your next destination.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Dates||Destinations||Itinerary Brief||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrival Kunming||Meet your tour guide and transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day 2||Kunming/Jianshui||Drive to Jianshui. Visit Stone Forest and Jianshui Temple of Confucius.||B, L|
|Day 3||Jianshui/Yuanyang||Visit Zhu's Family Garden and Double Dragon Bridge. Drive to Yuanyang.||B, L|
|Day 4||Yuanyang||View the Hani rice terraces at Duoyishu Village, Shengcun Village, Bada Mountain, Qingkou Folk Village, and Tiger Mouth.||B, L|
|Day 5||Yuanyang/Kunming||Drive back to Kunming.||B, L|
|Day 6||Kunming/Dali||Fly to Dali. Enjoy a cruise in Erhai Lake and then visit Dali Ancient City.||B, L|
|Day 7||Dali/Lijiang||Visit Xizhou Town and watch Three-Course Tea performance. Drive to Lijiang.||B, L|
|Day 8||Lijiang||Visit Lijiang Old Town, Mu's Mansion, Black Dragon Pool, and Dongba Cultural Research Institute.||B, L|
|Day 9||Lijiang||Explore Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Baisah Town, and Shuhe Old Town.||B, L|
|Day 10||Lijiang/Shangri-la||Visit Tiger Leaping Gorge.||B, L|
|Day 11||Shangri-la||Visit Gedan Songzanlin Monastery, Gyalthang Ancient Town, Napa Lake and Shangri-la Old Town.||B, L|
|Day 12||Shangri-la/Departure||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance Fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin. IFH will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private Tour Escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room; solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.