13-day Grand Winter Tour of China
- Tour Code: IFH-CW-02
- Tour days: 13 Days
- Day by Day
- Price Details
- Tour Map
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 Arrival in Beijing
Transfer via: plane – your arrangement
Activities for today: Airport to hotel transfer (Beijing)
Upon arrival in Beijing, be met and transferred to your hotel. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Beijing
Activities for today: Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Jingshan Park
This morning pay a visit to the Temple of Heaven. After lunch, have a walk in the Tiananmen Square then get into explore the Forbidden City, and climbing about 5 minutes to the Jingshan Park (Coal Hill), where you will have a full view of the Forbidden City. Free evening for your own exploration.
Day 3 Beijing
Activities for today: Mutianyu Great Wall, 798 Art Zone
Your tour today will take you to the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section with a short hiking on the wall. On the way back to your hotel, pay a visit to the cloisonné Factory where you will see the local traditional art culture, and then drop by at 798 Art Zone to pick up ideas of modern arts of China.
Day 4 Beijing
Activities for today: Summer Palace, Yonghe Temple, Hutongs
Visit Summer Palace and Yonghe Temple, then take a 3-wheel rickshaw to see the local Hutongs, where you can see the local Beijing people’s lifestyle. The rest of the day is your shopping time, you can check out the different outlets of souvenirs at various locations with your guide.
Day 5 Beijing/Harbin
Transfer via: plane – our arrangement
Activities for today: St. Sophia Church, Ice and Snow World
Take the morning flight to Harbin. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to the hotel. Then visit St. Sophia Church. In the evening visit Ice and Snow World.
Day 6 Harbin
Transfer via: private vehicle
Morning drive to Sun Island, where the International Snow Sculpture Art Expo is held, you can enjoy many beautiful snow sculptures featuring different cultures. Then have an safari-style trip in the Siberian Tiger Park. Transfer to Stalin Park to watch the wonderful swimming performance. Later, end today's trip with a leisurely scroll on the central street.
Day 7 Harbin/Beijing/Zhangjiajie
Transfer via: plane - our arrangement
Activities for today: Airport transfer (Harbin, Zhangjiajie)
Morning free at leisure in Harbin. Transfer to the airport for the early afternoon flight to Beijing. Upon arrival at Beijing airport, own arrangement to connect the evening flight to Zhangjiajie at the airport.
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred about 40 minutes to the hotel at Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 8 Zhangjaijie
Activities for today: Yellow Stone Village, Golden Whip Stream, Baofeng Lake
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to explore Zhangjiajie National Forest Park: first you will take a cable car to the Yellow Stone Village (Huangshizhai) and enjoy 2 hours hiking on the mountain to see the beautiful sandstone peaks and pillars.
After lunch, proceed to the Golden Whip Stream and have a leisure hiking there (about 2.5 hours). And then walk through a grand valley (Baizhangxia) and reach the sleepy Baofeng Lake. Around the lake area the beautiful cataracts are found in the film Avatar.
Day 9 Zhangjiajie
Activities for today: Bailong Elevator, Yuanjiajie Mountain, Tianzi Mountain, Ten Mile Natural Gallery
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be met and drive to take the Bailong Elevator to Yuanjiajie Mountian – a glass Elevator built into the side of the mountain.
On the summit, you will be taken on a 2.5 hours hiking to discover the Pillar of the Southern Sky. This mountian was used as inspiration for the Halelujah Mountains seen in the blockbuster moive, Avatar. Proceed to the Platform or Forgetfulness to enjoy the nearby peak views. Climb up to King of peaks – Tianzi Mountain. Take a cable car down the Tianzi Mountain and go on sightseeing along the Dreamlike Fairyland – 10 Mile Natural Gallery. .
Day 10 Zhangjiajie/Shanghai
Transfer via: TBA – our arrangement
Activities for today: Yellow Dragon Cave, Tianmen Mountain
Morning check out the hotel and drive to explore the fantastic Yellow Dragon Cave. Continue to Tianmen Mountain, where you will experience a ride on the world’s longest cable car up to the summit of the mountain. Take a hike about 2 hours on the Plank Road along the Guigu Cliffs. Pay a visit to the Tianmen Temple, and if weather permits we will take a bus via the stunning Heaven-linking Avenue to see Tianmen Cave. Transfer to the airport for the evening flight to Shanghai.
Upon arrival, you will be met and transfer to the hotel. Free evening for your own leisure.
Day 11 Shanghai
Activities for today: Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Bund, Nanjing Road
Today enjoy a sightseeing tour of Shanghai City. Highlights include visits to the Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jiangnan Silk Workshop, the Bund and Nanjing Road.
Day 12 Shanghai
Activities for today: Free day
The day is all yours! You can do some shopping or have a free exploration of the city.
Day 13 Shanghai Exit
Transfer via: plane - your arrangement
Activities for today: Hotel to airport transfer (Shanghai)
Your Grand Winter Tour of China ends this morning and it’s time to say farewell to your new friends.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Dates||Destinations||Itinerary Brief||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrival in Beijing||Meet your guide and transfer to hotel.||no meal|
|Day 2||Beijing||City tour to visit the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Jingshan Park.||B, L|
|Day 3||Beijing||Visit Mutianyu Great Wall and 798 Art Zone.||B, L|
|Day 4||Beijing||Visit the Summer Palace, Yonghe Temple, and take a 3-wheel rickshaw to see the local Hutongs.||B, L|
|Day 5||Beijing/Harbin||Fly to Harbin. Visit the St. Sophia Church and Ice & Snow World.||B|
|Day 6||Harbin||Visit Sun Island International Snow Sculpture Art Expo, Siberian Tiger Park, Stalin Park, and Central Street.||B, L|
|Day 7||Harbin/Beijing/Zhangjiajie||Fly to Zhangjiajie via Beijing.||B|
|Day 8||Zhangjaijie||Visit the Yellow Stone Village, enjoy hiking in the Golden Whip Stream and boating on Baofeng Lake.||B, L|
|Day 9||Zhangjiajie||Take Bailong Elevator, explore Yuanjiajie Mountain, Tianzi Mountain, and Ten Mile Natural Gallery.||B, L|
|Day 10||Zhangjiajie/Shanghai||Explore Yellow Dragon Cave and Tianmen Mountain. Fly to Shanghai.||B, L|
|Day 11||Shanghai||Visit the Yu Garden, Old Street, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jiangnan Silk Workshop, the Bund and Nanjing Road.||B, L|
|Day 12||Shanghai||Enjoy free day.||B|
|Day 13||Shanghai Exit||Transfer to the airport.||B|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance Fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin. IFH will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private Tour Escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room; solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.