The Yellow Mountain (aka Huangshan Mountain) in winter is as beautiful as a fairy tale world. Though the spectacular snowscapes are seen all the year round, the magnificent mountain blanketed with snow in winter will enable tourists the unique experience of visiting a different Yellow Mountain.
The Yellow Mountain is an ideal destination for your winter tour. The snow-covered peaks and trees, seas of clouds, amazing sunrises, full-circle rainbows and thermal springs combine for a memorable winter tour of Huangshan Mountain.
Huangshan Mountain is famous for its Four Wonders: oddly-shaped pines, bizarre rocks, seas of clouds and the thermal springs. As the beauty of the mountain in winter becomes increasingly popular among tourists, the winter snow is becoming renowned as the fifth wonder of the Yellow Mountain.
In winter, the snow god casts a quilt of white over peaks and valleys, dressing the mountain as a silver wonderland. Here is how an ancient Chinese poem describes it: "With ice columns skyrocketing into the sky, and pure snowflakes blooming on the pine, the Yellow Mountain in winter is the snowy heaven on earth." According to regional climate data, the Yellow Mountain's winter lasts longer than any other season. Beginning at the end of October, winter in the mountain areas will not end until March the following year. December, January and February are the best traveling periods, when the Yellow Mountain records maximum snowfall.
In winter, tourists find that overnight winds can bring thousands of snowflakes to the mountains, transforming the mountain into a pure fairyland-- pines are decorated with hard, white ice, and clusters of pine needles in the snow look like blooming chrysanthemums. Icicles hanging from trees are like long, transparent bead curtains. When the wind blows the curtains clang as if nature as the conductor is leading a concerto. The music resonates in the mountains, composing another gift of nature for the people who come from afar to appreciate its beauty.
A sea of clouds is another wonder in winter on the Yellow Mountain. The clouds in winter surround the snow-covered mountains so that you can hardly distinguish the clouds and snows. This combines for another magnificent view.
The sea of clouds is divided geographically into five regions, which are the south sea in front of the Yuping Hotel, the north sea on Qingliang Peak, the west sea near Paiyun Tower, the east sea on the Goose Range, and the "heaven sea" on Guangmingding summit.
The best months for appreciating the cloud sea on Huangshan Mountain is from November to April. The sea of clouds can stay as long as three days with an ideal weather condition of sunshine and little wind.
In the early mornings in winter, the newborn sun spreads its rosy lights onto the surface of the cloud sea. Early sunlight rests gently on the shoulders of Huangshan Mountain, casting a golden hue over the snow-covered valley. With sunlight dancing cheerfully in the mountains, Huangshan Mountain presents a splendid picture. This winter, come to Huangshan Mountain to witness a masterpiece of nature!
A full-circle rainbow, the so-called "Buddhist light" in Chinese, is a sign of auspiciousness and good luck in China, and is rarely seen in nature. However, this optical phenomenon can frequently be seen on Huangshan Mountain after a snowfall. Among the pure clouds, the colorful rainbow creates a distinct contrast to the sea of clouds, showing the tourist nature's beauty.
After climbing all the way up and standing on top of Huangshan Mountain, it's time to experience a hot spring spa. You will relax physically and mentally.
The temperature of the hot springs in the Yellow Mountain is a constant 42 ℃. Abundant with bicarbonates, the springs can be directly applied for making tea or even wine. The spring water also has high medical value in the treatment of the skin, joint, and nerve troubles. A spring spa experience in the Yellow Mountain will be your lifetime memory.
The Yellow Mountain Winter Travel Tips:
1) Wear a down jacket and a snow cap to protect you from chilling winds and low temperatures in the mountains. If you climb the mountain, you'd better keep your baggage at the service center in the mountain or seek help from your travel agency. Taking too many clothes up to the mountian is not recommendable, it will be a great hindrancemay when climbing the mountian. Overcoats or down-filled coats are available in the hotels (rent or provide free)
2) Wear travel shoes because the mountain path can become very slippery after snow or rain. You can wear dark glasses or snow goggles when visit the mountain. Bring a walking stick and a pair of gloves with you.
3) A Cable car is a comfortable and safe choice for those who are tired or tire easily.
4) Drink only moderate amounts of alcohol, especially those who stay at hotels at higher altitudes such the North Sea Hotel, Tianhai Hotel and Yuping Hotel.
5) The mountain has changeable weather in winter, some famous peaks, such as the Lotus Peak and Tiandu Peak (the Peak of Heavenly Capital) are not allowed to visit.
6) The sunrise time of the Yellow Mountain in winter is at 05: 30 - 06:00. And the best places to see sunrise are the Dawn Pavilion, the Refreshing Terrace, the Lion Peak, the Bright Summit, the Beginning-to-Believe-It Peak, the White Goose Ridge, the Jade Screen Peak, the Lotus Peak, and the Celestial Peak.
Visitors may choose the best place according to the hotel they stay. The staff in hotels update the sunrise time every day. It is convenient for visitors to adjust time at any moment.
7) The optimum places to view the Buddhist light are the Heavenly Capital Peak, the Lotus Peak, the Bright Summit, the Beginning-to-Believe-It Peak, the
Danxia Peak, the Refreshing Terrace, White Goose Peak, and the Phoenix Pine (in Tianhai Scenic Area). All these places are located above the sea level of 1,600m.
Hot Selling Yellow Mountain Winter Tours